July 29, 2013

"That Green Sauce" Dip

Mexican food.. Need I say more? It's yum and my favorite! Going to try different Mexican food restaurants is something I get to do a lot with my husband and father In-Law Lonnie. Both of them would eat Mexican food for all three meals if they could. At most Mexican Restaurants they bring a "green sauce" with the chips and salsa. I love most of them and some are not so great. This is a dip that is always a hit or miss. So when we were walking threw the HEB shopping and a lady was giving samples for a "green sauce" Brian and I of course were like YES we're trying this! It was so darn good and has been something that we have at most of our dinner party's. Its a favorite, easy to make and goes with most types of food.

This is all you need for this amazing and very tasty dip.
 Mix it all together and chill for at least 30 mins. to an hour.
This is the base of the dip and when mixed with sour cream and Avocado. It's Perfect!
 
That Green Sauce Dip
 
What Ya'll Need:
4 Avocados
16 oz. Sour cream
1 tsp. Lime juice
Dash of Oregano or Cilantro(I use oregano) 
Salt to taste

What to Do:
In a bowl mix the all the ingredients. Cover and chill for 30 minutes to an Hour. Remove and Enjoy!

Cooking Tip: We like to use Julio's Chips. But, using a tortilla chip makes this dip taste the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment